Automatic Overload Protection System - AOPS
Our AOPS system solution is built to comply with the EN 13852-1. Any AOPS has to be designed in close cooperation with the Crane OEM or other person with similar knowledge to make sure that the combined solution meet the requirement.
Mipeg X is utilise inputs from several sensors and input signals from the crane control logic to combined comply with the following key points:
- AOPS to be installed for boat lift/off-board lifts only (disarmed over platform).
- AOPS operates on all reeving configurations.
- Activation of AOPS shall disengage the hoist and slew brakes.
- Triggering value shall not be less than that of an on-board lift.
- Have a response time to prevent structural damage to the crane.
- Shall have a retaining force sufficient to suspend a load corresponding to the on-board lift capacity.
- When overload situation no longer exists, the system shall automatically reset but be available to activate again.
- Procedure and frequency of periodic testing of system to be included in crane information for use.
- Hoist lowering limit to be overridden.
- Manual overriding of AOPS not permitted except for man riding.
- The system shall not allow uncontrolled lowering of the load.
- Continuous visual signal to state if the AOPS is available or not.
- Distinguishable visual and audible alarms of activation.
The Mipeg X display will keep the operator informed about the AOPS status at all time.
The AOPS may be tested easily, activating a special test logic in the system.
The Manual Overload Protection System – MOPS, will be available at a lower threshold and adding the operators input.