Automatic Overload Protection System - AOPS
Our AOPS system solution is built to comply with the EN 13852-1. Any AOPS has to be designed in close cooperation with the Crane OEM or other other person with similar knowledge to make sure that the combined solution meet the requirement.
Mipeg X is utilise inputs from several sensors and input signals from the crane control logic to combined comply with the following key points:
- AOPS to be installed for boat lift/off-board lifts only (disarmed over platform).
- AOPS operates on all reeving configurations.
- Activation of AOPS shall disengage the hoist and slew brakes.
- Triggering value shall not be less than that of an on-board lift.
- Have a response time to prevent structural damage to the crane.
- Shall have a retaining force sufficient to suspend a load corresponding to the on-board lift capacity.
- When overload situation no longer exists, the system shall automatically reset but be available to activate again.
- Procedure and frequency of periodic testing of system to be included in crane information for use.
- Hoist lowering limit to be overridden.
- Manual overriding of AOPS not permitted except for man riding.
- The system shall not allow uncontrolled lowering of the load.
- Continuous visual signal to state if the AOPS is available or not.
- Distinguishable visual and audible alarms of activation.
The Mipeg X display will keep the operator informed about the AOPS status at all time.
The AOPS may be tested easily, activating a special test logic in the system.
The Manual Overload Protection System – MOPS, will be available at a lower threshold and adding the operators input.