Marine data is only useful once it reaches its intended end user. A reliable data management and delivery system starts with sensors and instruments that enable end-to-end data transmission of rich data sets.
Quality data is the foundation for any data management system. In the ocean industries, monitoring equipment utilized has in many cases only allowed for very basic data points to be made available real-time. The back-bone of the Aanderaa sensors and systems is a rich data set describing the quality, range, units, resolution, and information to make display and usage of real-time data easy. Aanderaa protocols also secure data flow from end to end and detect missing data to enable re-transmit. All this allows for our equipment to be part of Aanderaa’s own Data Management system with GeoView, or to be integrated to any other Software as a Service (Saas) or data management system.
Aanderaa Data Management and Delivery offers:
- Well-described data set with metadata for quality, range, unit, parameter type, and much more
- Compression of data messages
- Error detection to detect corruption of individual messages
- Sequencing checks enabling retransmit
- Modem control in all dataloggers for Mobile modem, VHF, AIS, GOES and Iridium to enable low power mode