Profiling Current Meter and Wave
Profiling Current Meter and Wave - The optimal solution to measure current, speed, direction, and water quality in one instrument.
The SeaGuardII DCP Wave is a 600kHz Doppler Current Profiler able to measure directional wave parameters and currents from a bottom mounted installation.
The Acoustic Wave software 5759 used by the DCPS implements unique features to improve the wave measurement accuracy by optimizing the signal to noise ratio.
Maximum deployment depth is 40m in normal scatter conditions. The Profiling Current Meter and Waveis available as a self-recording instrument. It can be easily integrated into a real-time system offering reliable two-way communication.
Redundant wave measurement for QA/QC can be implemented by adding the wave and tide sensor 5218.
Simple solution to measure waves, currents and water quality in one instrument
- Independent measurement of waves and currents.
- Field validated data-comparison with MOTUS buoy, Datawell Waverider and pressure based non directional wave sensor
- Measures wave from centimeters to 20m
- 2Hz or 4Hz wave sampling
- Processing of up to three columns in parallel, provides flexible setup with both surface referred and bottom referred cells.
Adaptive pulse technology automatically optimizes wave measurement accuracy. The transmission pulse is automatically adapted to the current sea conditions to provide best measurement achievable; a low noise broadband mode is used for smaller waves, an extended range broadband mode used for medium range waves and a narrowband mode is applied for higher waves.
- Navigation safety
- Prediction and modelling
- Energy assessment
- Infrastructure design
- Coastal processes, erosion
- Oil & Gas