Slew Operation Limiter - OLM
The Mipeg X system can easily include the Slew Operation Limiter by adding software and the actual sensor.
The Mipeg X system can easily include the Slew Operation Limiter by adding software and the actual sensor. The feature may be programmed to include many other features such as:
- maximum slew protection if the crane does not have a slip ring
- warning of crane operation in inhibited, no-go-zones
- conservative anti-collision protection between crane booms
- off-board indication in an AOPS configuration
The operator will have a clear and easy to read situation chart showing the crane boom on top of the mapped critical deck area or other area within the crane reach.
This feature will assist in:
- protect personnel and assets
- collision avoidance through slew and boom limits
- prevents dropped-object and collisions by creating multiple “no-go zones”
The system use an absolute encoder. The term “absolute” mean that the sensor will have an absolute position reference and will not require any set-up after the initial installation. The absolute position is not affected or lost if power is disconnected or the crane is moved without the sensor being powered.